|Friday, March 22, 2019 at 10:15 AM – 11:00 AM on Workshop Room B|
|Facilitators: Dr. Maya Roumani|
Background: Physician well-being refers to the optimization of all factors affecting physical, mental, social and emotional health. However, challenges to physician well-being are widespread causing dissatisfaction, burnout, and high rates of depression leading to suboptimal patient care, lower patient satisfaction and increased health care costs.
As stated by the AAFPs; family physicians have highest rates of stress and burnout. They face more challenges than ever because of the electronic health systems, operational policies, practice inefficiencies, and a culture of physician self-sacrifice.
Studies have shown that physicians do not take care of themselves and do not attend to the basics of their wellbeing due to time constraints.
So It’s time to put the physicians’ wellbeing first. By prioritizing their well-being, family doctors can help reverse the trend toward physician burnout and stay passionate about their purpose: quality patient care.
- Aim: At the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between stress and Burnout
- Identify the key elements of well-being
- Recognize the essential steps to improve their well-being
- Apply easy and effective techniques to help control negative emotions
- Acquire skills on how to add positive energy into their life
- Acquire time management skills
- Practice relaxing breathing and meditation techniques that help with stress reduction
Methods: The workshop will start by an open discussion about physicians’ stress levels and how they are taking care of their overall well-being.
The instructor will talk about the main pillars of well-being and the essential steps to improve it.
The life coach specialist will teach the physicians the practical steps to a new wellbeing journey as well as time management tips.At the end, participants will be taught how to relax and meditate through a practical live exercise.